Aioi Nissay Dowa Management NZ Ltd - Privacy and Security
Who are we?
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Management New Zealand Limited; and
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Limited.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and/or hold about you and other individuals (such as your spouse, partner or children) will depend on the nature of your dealings with us and may include but is not limited to:
- Name, date of birth, gender and licence information
- Contact details such as address and phone number(s)
- Payment details
- Vehicle and servicing details including registration and your Toyota dealer
- Finance details such as financial, insurance or credit information including employment details and history
- Information collected from marketing campaigns, product research and customer surveys
- Any publicly available information that you post or publish or interactions with us via social media.
Whom we may collect your personal information from?
We may collect your personal information directly from you or from our entities. Our entities include:
- Our agents and distributors of our products and services
- Our service providers e.g. assessors, repairers, suppliers, marketing and research organisations, subcontractors, IT providers, payment service providers, investigators
- External parties e.g. credit providers, other insurers to recover monies, medical practitioners or other professional experts when handling your claim, statutory authorities, government departments, insurance reference bureaus, Insurance and Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO) and anyone authorised to handle your policy on your behalf.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Aioi NZ collects, holds, uses and discloses your information for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to:
- Identify you
- Assess any application for insurance cover, including credit information and terms on which cover may be offered
- Administer and resolve claims that you make
- Any purpose which we notify you about when we collect your information or to which you have provided your consent
- To deal and respond to your enquiries such as consider and assess your application for a product or service, providing customer assistance and provide renewals of insurance
- Respond to your concerns or complaints
- To provide you with an integrated experience across the entities we do business with
- Maintain and improve our products and services including audit and training
- Manage and enhance customer data, assess your interest in our products and services, and conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys
- Comply with our legal obligations, assist government and enforcement bodies or regulators, or where otherwise required or authorised by or under law, or an order of a court or tribunal and
- Any purpose permitted by law.
Providing someone else’s personal information:
If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a joint vehicle owner, authorised driver or contact person), please tell them about this policy so they are aware that you have provided their information to us and that they can read this policy to understand how their information will be handled.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information about you directly from you or through others, including our entities as outlined above. Collection of personal information occurs when you complete an online form enquiring about motor or personal protection insurance or to pay a renewal online or when you contact or interact with us whether in person, by email, phone, SMS or other forms of communication, or via our website or social media or when you participate in our surveys.
What happens if you don’t give us your personal information?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with any, some, or all of the features of our products and services available to you. We may not be able to accept or process a claim, or make claim payments.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Storing your personal information
We may hold information about you in digital and paper forms. Your personal information is stored securely by us and/or our entities, or with any supplier with whom we have a contractual arrangement. We take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, interference, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we protect your information include:
- External and internal premises security
- Restricting access to your information only to personnel who need it to perform their functions
- Utilising and maintaining information security applications to prevent unauthorised access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software and
- Maintaining physical security over paper records.
Accessing and correcting your information
You can access and request the correction of information we hold about you by contacting us. We rely on the information that we hold about you to provide our products and services to you, and to perform our business functions. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. This means that, from time to time, we may ask you if your information is still accurate and up to date. If you find that any information that we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
|Write to us:||Call us:||Email us:|
|Aioi Nissay Dowa Management NZ Ltd||0800 226 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PO Box 17-504|
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised, or if you feel that we have breached the privacy laws, you are entitled to make a complaint. Complaints can be made by contacting the person or department you were dealing with, or by contacting us using our contact details set out above. We will do our best to resolve complaints promptly and fairly, however if you are not satisfied, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner, using the following methods:
Phone: 0800 803 909 (from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Mail: Privacy Commissioner, PO Box 10094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143
We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis as it may be updated in the future. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- your IP address or other unique identifier for the device used to access a platform
- browser type, device type (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device), operation system, application version, date and time of visit and pages viewed
- Preceding page views and your use of features or applications on the platform such as interactions with connections or groups.